Travelling around Brisbane on public transport just got easier
The Brisbane Bus and Train app uses Queensland open data to provide users with arrival times and stop locations of Brisbane buses and trains. The app also allows users to save bus/train stops to their ‘favourites’ for easy access and usability. Other useful features of the app include:
- An overview of all currently running buses/trains for a particular route;
- The ability to tap and hold the map to find bus stops near the area;
- Gives directions to a user’s desired bus stop;
- Displays the arrival time of the next three buses;
- View recent service updates published on the Translink website.
Brisbane Bus and Train has been featured on Gizmodo Australia’s Top 20 most popular Windows Phone apps and Translink’s featured app showcase.
Brisbane Bus and Train uses multiple Queensland open data sets including:
- Translink OPIA API and Go card data to plan trips;
- the Translink GTFS dataset to enable users to favourite bus/train stops.
- TransLink real time data
Brisbane bus is available for download on iTunes, Google Play Store and Windows Phone.
The app’s interface is sleek and simple, making it easy to use for frequent commuters and tourists.
Brisbane Bus and Train developer Yan Sun says the app will make it easier for commuters and tourists to use public transport in Brisbane.
“Brisbane Bus and Train helps commuters save time and energy through its user friendly and informative interface”
“By using Queensland Government open data, Brisbane Bus and Train does the work for users, allowing commuters to quickly check the status of the bus, train or route they need”
Download the app
Download the Brisbane Bus and Train app for: