My Environment by The Step Dads
The winner of the 2019 Queensland Government Spatial Information State GovHack challenge was My Environment by The Step Dads. The My Environment project proposed a website portal and mobile application that provides users with spatial information on their local area, including flood risks, fire ratings, water efficiency and solar energy potential.
My Environment proposed the use of the following datasets:
- Broad vegetation groups - pre-clearing and 2017 remnant - Queensland series
- Ordered drainage 100K - Queensland - by area of interest
- Digital Elevation Model (DEM) of Australia derived from LiDAR 5 Metre Grid MapServer
- World Imagery Basemap
- Queensland Government Water Monitoring Portal
- Regional Flood Frequency Estimation Model
Spatial representation of data gives users an easy to view visual of information relating to their local area. The project allows users to make informed decisions when preparing for floods or fires or investing in solar or other renewable energy sources.
You can learn more about My Environment on the GovHack Hackerspace.